This is my first “Checklist Post” and I’m sure it’s not the last. I’m crazy about checklists, surely because I tend to forget things :). I hope you find it helpful. It includes tips from book bloggers Karen and Trish.
- Feature image/thumbnail [usually book cover]
- Author picture [optional]
- Other [optional]: promotional images, author picture, reading challenge, giveaway, etc.
- Book Information from Goodreads/Amazon
- Other [optional, I think I may just post title and author, readers can find the rest of the information through the link]: Publisher, Genre, Source (ARC, Purchase, etc.), Format, ISBN, Language, etc.
- Goodreads/Amazon rating
- Goodreads/Amazon description
- Author short bio [optional]
- One paragraph summary:
- What is the story about
- What is the Setting?
- What are the main characters
- My check marks rating and full review
- Post in other review pages
- Post in social media
- Notify author of the review [Optional]
- Get another book
- Repeat 🙂
Tips from the blogosphere
how the book made me feel. Some books are able to draw emotion from me without seemingly intentional. Did it flow well? Do the characters stay true to who they start off as or was there believable character growth? . – Kissing Blue Karen
My tip is to mix it up. Don’t just have one review format, change it up all the time. That way you don’t get bored and it doesn’t feel forced.. – Trish, Between my Lines
Thank you Karen and Trish!
Now off to finish my next review… The Fallen Series
Are you a book bloggers/reviewers… What is in your own check list? leave a comment. I would love to hear from you 🙂
Like what you see? Don’t miss any of my posts!