Welcome to my weekly recap where I shared what happened this week
My featured section for this week is my…
Beautiful People February – Valentines Edition
As you may already know, I’m participating in Beautiful People, a monthly blog meme hosted by Sky @ Further Up and Cait @ Paper Fury. Every month they post 10 questions for us aspiring authors to answer.
This month the questions were relationship-theme and… oh… [sight] I wasn’t sure how to go about it because I’m writing a dark fantasy/dystopian/apocalyptic novel and there is not a lot of romance going on! Also, my first draft is so far from being ready… But… ok… I chose a couple that may make it to the final draft.. and here they are…
Meet Seth and Raw [short for Rawah]. These two models remind me of them…
Raw is one of my Daughters of the Desert and Seth is a soldier to whom she is married, against her will of course!. 🙂
And these are the questions…
How did they first meet? At their wedding.
What were their first impressions of each other? They just saw each other for the few minutes it took her parents to sign the marriage contract. Raw was a five years old child bride, way too young to understand what was happening. Her mother told her Seth was her prince, like the one in the fairytales she read her at bed time. Seth thought Raw was very smart for being so young. He admired that.
How long have they been a couple? They are not really a couple yet. Raw stayed with her parents until she was a teenager. Now they are sending her to live with Seth.
How committed/loyal are they to each other? Would they break up over a secret or a disagreement? Could stress drive them apart? Would they die for each other? Raw deeply resents Seth because he married her when she was just a child. Seth would definitely die or kill for Raw. She is his wife after all.
List 5 “food quirks” they know about each other. (Ex: how they take their coffee, if they’re allergic to something, etc….and feel free to mention other non-food quirks!)
Raw knows that…
- Seth married a FIVE years old child! It can’t get any quirkier than that! That’s just wrong and creepy
- On top of that, he is a stalker! He has stalked her ever since they got married (that means for years!)
- He has a very violent side of which she wishes she wasn’t afraid, but she is. Very.
- There is a certain serenity in him that drives her crazy. He should not be at peace with himself!
Seth knows that…
- Raw has a very short temper and even her two older brothers are a little afraid of her
- She is brave enough (and foolish enough) to try to escape from him and to almost get herself killed protecting her best friend Laila.
- She hates the cold but she still likes to walk to and from school even in the winter
- She makes the best sand castles he has ever seen.
- Her and Laila liked to pretend they are Disney princesses and Raw always wants to be Merida
Does anyone disapprove of their relationship? She disapproves! Yup! Raw and the billions of people in the world against child marriage.
What would be an ideal date? hummm… if they survive everything that I will throw at them in the book, and if she ever trust him, and if she ever falls in love with him, if they find a safe place to hide, after all those IFs… maybe he will… nahhhh! that’s it! I don’t want to spoil it! 🙂
What are their personality dynamics? Similar? Contrasting? Do they fight a lot or mesh perfectly? They have very similar personalities. They are both strong-willed and passionate but their personalities manifest in opposite ways. She is very outspoken and he is very reserved.
What have been their best and worst moments together as a couple? hummmm… They have plenty of bad moments, and just a couple of good moments, but I can’t tell! 🙂
Where do they see themselves and their relationship in the next few years? nope they don’t see themselves together 🙂
Hope you enjoyed these characters relationships questions! What about you?
What do you like to see in characters relationships? What makes you root for two characters to get together?
Well I managed to fractured my reader mind again! I’m reading six books at the same time:
And that is because I got an avalanche of books last week from the library, real, audio and eBooks…
So I have THREE new ARCs…
Waaaay too many books! It is going to take me forever to finish one 🙁
So this is like the perfect moment to sign up for…
What about you? what new books did you get? What are you reading now?
Last week interviewed three book bloggers. So don’t miss their interviews, coming soon:
- Lexxie @ (Un)conventional Book Views
- Kristen @ Moonlight and Metaphors and
- Anissa@ She Reads too Much
This post is part of…
Like what you see? Don’t miss any of my posts! Subscribe to my newsletters